Monday, January 20, 2014

Good Morning!
Thank you for their addresses! Can you buy me a watch? Because I'm allergic to the one I have. I don't know if it's because of the material it's made out of or if I'm just allergic to keeping track of time or what. I don't know, but it's giving me a rash. Also could you send me face lotion that is ultra hydrating? My skin is soo dryyy. And I can't find any type of face lotion here at all. I thought that was a normal thing to buy. Also could you send me a llama? And one of those things that makes it easier to put boots on? And confetti? Just kidding. But I'm serious about the watch and the lotion. Don't go to dress barn. I want a different grey skirt por favor.
It is really warm here. I spent my MLK day sun bathing with Valerie.
Wowww that couple sounds uptight. I recommend teaching pregnant illegal immigrants. They're so much nicer. Did I tell you about that one girl that started having contractions in one of our lessons?
Can I guest author for the one about how no one in California speaks English even though it is technically part of America? We can have all the vocab be in Spanglish with asian people yelling in the background.
So Lizbeth got baptized!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I'm so excited. Finally! I've been teaching her from October 9th, my second day in the field. We went out knocking because we didn't have any investigators. (The Elders before us were too creepy to have any of those). We knocked on her door and started telling her about who we were and what the restored gospel was. Then she invited us in and we taught her about the Book of Mormon. I was like YO! You should totes read el libro de mormon guuurrl. And she was like claro que si! I totes will!! And then she agreed to be baptized and has been awesome ever since. Jesucristo for the win.
She told us a super cool story the other day. Apparently around Christmas they didn't have enough money to buy a Christmas tree. Both of her boys were super bummed and that's what they wanted for Christmas more than anything else. The first time we brought Michelle with us, she brought a little Christmas Tree to them just to be nice. (Michelle is famous for her thoughtfulness.) At the time Lizbeth did seem pretty happy to receive a dinky Christmas tree from a stranger. But she told us later that that is when she for sure decided to be in Jesus's church. Because she knew that if God loved her and her family so much, that he had some random Mormon give her family a Christmas tree then she should probably do what she knew what was right all along and be baptized.
Step 2 of Operation Baptism Because of Pequeno Christmas Tree: Get the rest of her family baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment