Monday, April 14, 2014

Guess what!!! I'm in a telenovela!! I told dad the details but I guess I can put them in this email too.

Alesandro wants to be baptized so badly, but his wife is growing more and more opposed to us. We've only been able to teach her once. She says that we are bringing more problems than peace and she does not want us teaching him in her home. Their relationship is very strained because he doesn't have a job right now, and she is struggling to make ends meet. She also feels like she does all the work at home. She is bitter that he takes the time to let us teach him when he should be doing other stuff. He didn't come to church yesterday because she said if he left the house to church, she wouldn't let him back  in.

Part of me wants to say never mind! You can join the church in a couple years after you guys have sorted everything out. Forget I said anything. But he's too far in. Leaving him would be like leaving a newborn baby alone to fend for itself. He wants to be baptized. He wants to be a part of this church. And he said he will leave her before he stops following God. He has found so much new peace from reading the Book of Mormon daily and praying. Maybe this is exactly what he needs in this very stressful part of his life. And honestly it's nice that we can teach him whenever we want because he's not ever busy.

I hate that were part of the reason they're arguing. But at the same time, I know we're right. And the truth really will help them, no matter what she thinks. Yesterday we went by with a member couple. Denise, the wife, wasn't there. It was amazing because Hermano Ramirez told his conversion story. He said he had been sold from the start, just like Alesandro. But his wife wasn't baptized till two years later. Then his wife shared how grateful she was that her husband was persistent in seeking the truth even when she thought he was crazy. Now their whole family is Mormon and their son is on a mission and she is so grateful for her "crazy" husband.

That's so cool that you have a baby!! I wish I was there!!

I liked everything a lot except for that teal shirt. I'm not really sure why though. It's just sooo.... I don't know. I will give it to someone else. Yes, everything fit I just wish I was skinnier so that things would look better on me. You should buy me more skirts like that black one! I'm so bored with my clothes that I've taken to wearing my companions and she super tiny so this is not a good idea.

I don't have any plans for Easter. Talk about Jesus??? Just a thought.
Happy birthday to Charles!!!!!! I can't believe you're paying him to make dinner. That ridiculous.

Love you mom!!!!!
Sent from Tommy the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment