Monday, October 14, 2013

Hola!
 
I am having so much fun! I'm on bike! When my mission president told me I was going to be on bike my pupils turned into bikes, he asked me if I could handle it, and I tried to say yes but I was so excited that I don't really know what came out. I get to do all my favorite things every day! Gospel it! Bike it! Spanish it! Cali it! If I sound brainwashed that's because I am!Whooo...!
 
My trainer, district, ward, zone, and new friends are all awesome. We are whitewashing so we've mostly been knocking doors and trying to get to know the members in our area. Apparently the elders that had our area before us creeped out all their investigators so they don't have any? What. Oh yeah! And they threw away the area book? DOUBLE WHAT. Who does that? Go get some help people! So anyway we've been going around visitng people telling them that 1. we're relatively normal 2. we're refreshingly female and 3. the restored Gospel is here on the earth so you should probably get baptized.
 
I can't understand my bishop. Usually my Spanish is ok and I just fill in whatever I don't understand with what I would like the person to say but with him I got nothing. He is from Panama, doesn't speak English, and apparently his mother forgot to inform him that cosonants exist. Whatever. I'm not bitter.
 
I have talked to real people now! It is so much easier.
 
Les Amo!
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment