Thursday, October 24, 2013

I had to buy a bike. But they did it a really weird way where they bought it but I have to pay them back. Could you send me a $300 check. I forget who it is supposed to me made out to... I'll tell you next time.
 
I bought bike shorts to wear underneath. Riding in a skirt seems pretty normal now but at first it was weird. My area is huge! At least for this mission. And it is super big for having to ride bikes, but I think we might get a car because our bishop complained to the Mission President so then we can use that for going to far places and things outside our area. We haven't even gone to a lot of our area because it would take an hour. My area is completely flat which I like. I haven't seen any hills in my mission but right now I'm in Newport and there are hills here. I live in Garden Grove.
Yeah we have a phone which is nice. We don't use facebook, but we might in the future. I heard that everyone might get Ipads in January. Each person gets one instead of one per companionship and you get to keep it after your mission so that you'll have more incentive to keep it nice. But these might just be rumours.
 
There is a whole Spanish Speaking Stake! I think 8 wards maybe? There are two sets of elders and then me and my companion in my ward. Haha impromptu talks are the worst! We are having Zone Conference on Friday and Elder Ellis is calling missionaries from the audience to talk. Not quite impromptu but still scary! I really don't want to talk but then I remember that it's in English and it seems  realllllllllllllly reaaaaalllly easy. Haha

I'm fine. The weather is nice here and so is our apartment. I bought a comforter at Target because I was cold. It's fluffy!

I had an interesting experience this week. One night my companion and I were struggling with everything. We couldn't find any of the addresses we were looking for. Nobody was home anywhere and an apartment complex we tried to knock had been JWd so no one was interested.
 
Then my companion felt like we should go to this random member's house that was on our ward list. We didn't know who they were but we didn't know most people in our ward. We got there without any problem. Their door was open and the mother immediately let us in as if she was expecting us. She has three teenage children and we were surprised to learn that they hadn't gone to church in about a year. We started to teach them about the 4 principles of the gospel very simply. In the middle of the lesson we asked the mother to share an experience where her prayers had been answered. She replied, "Right now." And we were like yeah, you don't need to share anything too personal but yeah go ahead and share it right now. Then she said, "No, my prayers have been answered right now. I have been praying all day that someone would come and remind my family about God. Because I know I couldn't bring my children back to church by myself."
 
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment