Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hola! El CCM is so nice! It is so beautiful here! There are lots of palm trees and flowers and it always smells good because it rains everyday at 5:30. It feels like vacation. It is always Cardigan weather. The best kind! You can see outside the walls two mountains on either side with little colorful concrete houses. One of the mountains has a huge B on it but I have no idea what it stands for. The whole CCM is 90 acres. I live in one of the casas. Each of the casas have 6 bedrooms and bathrooms with 4 Hermanas to a room.
 
There are about 800 missionaries here right now. For every Hermana there is about 10 Elderes. There are maybe 20% Latinos attending here, everyone else is American. Very few people here speak English or Spanish. Its all Spanglish. They only teach us Gospel Spanish here but we are supposed to speak Spanish all the time so most people speak English in a Mexican accent combined with whatever Spanish they know. It feels really weird writing this letter in English. Its so much easier to spell en Espanol! The Latinos tell us that the accent we have picked up only exists en el CCM. Sad but awesome! My favorite thing to do is make up words that sound Spanish. My teacher is always yelling at me, "No es palabra!!!!" or something along those lines.
 
I have a fake investigator right now. His name is Louis Valdez. He is Catholic and super nice! it is so much easier to speak in complete Espanol to him than anywhere else. He is super fun to teach. When we´re not teaching all we do is learn gospel and Spanish. Its so relaxing. It reminds me of when I always took 3 hours to do Seminary in France. Out of any place I´ve lived Mexico City reminds me the most of France. But it is still very different from that.
 
I love my companion. She came at the same time as me and will be my companion the whole time. She is from Holiday and she went to BYU for a year. She really does look a lot like Amber except skinnier. She looks like a fashion model so I feel like I am in a continual photo shoot. Fashion shoot al comedor! Fashion shoot al bano! Clase! Y casa! She is also super nice. She is a lot like me. Classy with a crazy creep streak. She is probably type 4/1. it feels completely normal to do everything with her. She is not being very good training fro how to deal with companions. We wake up early every morning to go jogging and then play soccer or something else during our Gym time. And we eat the same. No meat and lots of chocolate. The food here is really good! Its mostly Mexican food. And they always have Nutella! They must pray about everything.
 
We also have an amazing district. We´re one of the only ones with two sets of hermanas. And then we have 7 Elderes. We have all gotten really close because we spend so much time together studying. Sometimes we get really distracted. Our teacher is great too! She just got off her mission. She worked in that Mormon Battalion Visitor Center we went to! She was embarrassed when I told her that I had been there haha. She is so cute!
 
My Branch president is nice. He is Mexican and he used to speak English but that was like 30 years ago so its really sparse. I have become his new favorite Spanish to English dictionary because he says he likes the "funny" way I explain things.
 
I had a pet snail named Romero but someone stepped on it and it died... It was so cute!
 
I got to go to the Mexico City temple today! It was beautiful. All Aztecy. And I´m told that the inside looks like the South Jordan temple. I got to see the old movie!
 
There were probably about 50 on my flight? I don´t know maybe? I am really bad at counting.
 
Her name is pronounce Joi or Hoi. Its Dutch.
 
I think I will be fine.
 
I miss you too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment