Monday, December 2, 2013

My Thanksgiving was very nice thank you. I ate waaayyyy too much. I was bursting! And then they made me eat this gross thing that they said was jello but I tell you it was not!!! More like devil jello! It has milk in it! And the Gomez's gave us a chocolate pie and a pumpkin pie. They were delicious. Mmmm. Sorry yours was so bad! I hope you guys feel better! Remember when I used to throw up every thanksgiving? Me and my companion were like hey! This is our first Thanksgiving without our family and then I remembered that I didn't attend last Thanksgiving really either because I was too tired to do anything except ask people what kind of shake they wanted. And you made me a vegan sugar free pie! That was so sweet! Thanks mom.
 
Ummm, apartment. It is very nice. This mission likes shopping at Ikea and Target. I don't know how to describe it. I'll send you pictures next week.
 
Another fantastic Sunday! This week we had 6 people come. Our investigator, Lizbeth came! With her family too! *freaking out ackhhjshdhhdsaj* We have been trying to get her to come to church for forever!!!! The day after I got here, October 9th, we had finally gotten everything settled and so we went out to knock doors. We knocked on her door and she invited us in to teach her. She was the very first lesson I taught. She has a really strong testimony of The Book of Mormon and she loves us a whole lot. The reason we couldn't get her to go to church is because she is super shy and she had a terrible experience with another church. They were yelling at her and hitting her on the back telling her to RECEIVE JESUS. And a lady who was supposed to be taking care of her son there kept hitting and pinching him. Isn't that terrible! So anyways, it was a struggle and she's super nervous to get baptized but I think that we can get her there. We might have to hide it from the ward though because she doesn't want anyone there... I'm just excited she came! I didn't know it was possible to be this happy.
 
Also, yesterday Max Gomez got the priesthood! So now he can baptize his daughter Victoria. Yayyy! Her date is for this next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment