Monday, December 9, 2013

We can do whatever we think will bring people to Christ. But we never really do service because we're too busy teaching people and even when we do ask people if we can help them with something they look at us like we're crazy and say something like, " Why would I ask someone sent from God to do something for me? Also, just so you know, you're wearing a skirt. You don't go outside like that at night do you? Want a tamale?"

I didn't get to watch the broadcast either because I had a baptism. It was the only time everyone in the family and the bishop could do it. I miss the temple.

Lizbeth didn't come this week! Even though we stopped by her house two hours before and she said she would! Sigh, she better feel guilty. She is mid thirties. She is super nice and loves us to death! She is from Mexico but has lived in the States for about 8 years. She only knows a few words in English. Her husband Oscar is also super nice. He is a landscaper. She has a 13 year old son and a 4 year old son.

I know! I am so excited for Max! It is amazing how much their family has progressed in such a short time! Now we just need to convince Michelle's brother Abraham to go on a mission. Victoria got baptized yesterday. First baptism of the mission yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! It was a beautiful service. Max and Michelle spoke and they both mentioned their baby so the Spirit was very strong. Everyone was crying. Even the non members. Afterwards we went to their house to eat tamales and champurrado, which I helped them make the day before! Victoria is 9. I was going to send you pictures but one of the Elders took my camera because he wanted to clean it. (It was kinda dirty...) So you will have to wait till next week!

Our most distracting lessons are with two boys named Sergio and Diego. Ages 12 and 10. Picture two Mexican Patricks. They are hilarious!!! They are getting baptized this Sunday. So excited. Our lessons get so off topic. Highlights include: their prayers ( I can't keep from giggling during them), the fact that that every person we bring up ever they ask how that person died, and that they are closet feminists.

No comments:

Post a Comment