Monday, March 3, 2014

Hello!!

Michelle basically passed her immigration thing but it could still be repealed. But she is not worried about it. Yeah, she has been really depressed lately about her son. It is so hard to watch, especially since I don't feel like I can help her in anyway. I think they will be fine eventually. Right now they are on the right path and using the gospel for strength. They are still working towards going to the temple. But if they ever stop, especially after I get transferred I don't know what I'll do! I think they should have more children.

Katie is adorable. She will be baptized this Sunday. I'm so excited!!! I'm worried about her interview though. She has a very bad memory, but we have been quizzing her and we made flash cards for her so she will hopefully remember everything. Her mom is back as far as her testimony is concerned but church attendance is hard for her because of her job. Because they went to Argentina for a month she has been working overtime and she is not in a position to ask for Sundays off. But she has this Sunday off!

I think all of gods children's lives are a lot more similar than we realize. Sure we live in a country where we don't have physical hardships, but that doesn't mean we don't go through anything. Tango lessons, clothes and food aren't everything. If anything they distract us from what we are actually supposed to be doing. Also you have to take into account that people experience their trials in comparison to what else they have experienced. Even though the facts are different, everyone feels a certain  amount of heartache and misery. God puts people where they will best be able to learn to be like him. Sometimes I feel like I haven't gone through any trials, and it makes me angry when people talk about how they wouldn't be the same person without (insert terrible life problem here). This problem has been further amplified by the fact that I got sent to easiest mission ever. Perfect weather, nice people, America, etc. But then I remember the times when I was really really sad for little reason. I didn't know how to handle it because I didn't have any actual misfortune to compare it to.  But my feelings were still real. And terrible. Even if I was just being a baby. Hopefully you can make some sense out of that.

Love you!!!!!!!

Sent from Tommy the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment