Monday, March 31, 2014

Yeah as far as the language thing goes, you're definitely weird. And everyone in our family is weird too. So that's probably it. My comp also right now doesn't have the greatest vocab so that's making the way I talk feel extra not normal. The words I have had to explain to her today are auspicious, flippant, reprimanding, and what a round is. How do you not know what a round is!? It's also weird because even though she speaks Spanish better, I have to explain longer Spanish words to her that have English cognates.  Like HipĆ³crita or parelelismos. Because she doesn't know what hypocrite or parallelisms are in English she doesn't understand what members are saying to her....
Yeah me and my comp are good. We actually get along perfectly! It's just forced me to work on my patience because she is sooo slow!! She is the nicest though! And I'm actually happier than I was with my other comp because there is a lot less drama and I like running the show. It's just stressful because I'm not sure how good of a job I'm doing. I never get any feedback good or bad. People just tell me to pray and I am like goodness I am praying!!! And He told me to ask you!! It's not like you always get answers from angel visitations or something!!!

On Wednesday we went to visit our investigators in the hospital. Lizbeth Mejias son has leukemia and has been in the hospital a lot lately because the treatments they're giving him make him have almost no immune system. They are very worried that he will die from the common cold. We haven't been able to teach them because she doesn't want anyone to come to their house. She did agree to a blessing though. Obispo and hermano Alfaro came with us but  they didn't remember that she wasn't a member until they started talking to her. Then they explained what a blessing is and gave Sergio one. It was very nice. We were in a meditation room within the hospital. And you could feel the spirit very strongly. I felt an overwhelming approval from God for arranging the blessing. Lizbeth is super solid but she she can't progress right now because we can't teach her and she can't go to church. It's so sad!

On Saturday the elders baptized 6 people! Since I've gotten here mine has been the only area in the ward baptizing except for one so this was super good! Lots of missionaries had taught these people so we had a cute missionary reunion of sorts. Everyone was so happy! We brought our investigator Alessandro and he loved it. The members were joking with him, saying he could just change into white and get baptized too! We had to explain to him that he wasn't ready yet hahahaa. We haven't even taught him the plan of salvation yet!

Gomez' are good. Valerie had a dream that it was the second coming and Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father descended from the sky in front of their house and gave them back Maxi. Everyone was crying because we all realized that even if it doesn't happen exactly that way that dream will happen and they will be reunited. Also max thought the dream was amazing because no too long ago Valerie didn't have hardly any knowledge about what Jesus and Heavenly Father were like let alone what the second coming is.

I can't find Lizbeth Cruz. She stopped going to church and no one is ever at her house. Her number is disconnected. I'm worried about her and the worst part is I think I'm the only one. The ward and my comp don't seem to care. #toomanysheep

There was an earthquake mom! But it wasn't that big. And lots of after shocks!! Saturday night during the millions of after jiggles I woke up, looked around and was like oh it's okay I'm just on the cruise. Feeling comforted I was about to go back to sleep when I realized no I'm not!!! Freaking after jiggles. Disneyland closed for a day but it's back up again. It was very interesting to see who texted us during the earthquake and in what order and what they said. Max Gomez wins the prize for most sincere concern. Successful natural disaster social experiment!!!! I'm pretty sure I'm fine, but if something does happen you can find me with Gomez. :) and then maybe grandma and grandpa smith if any of the trains still work.

No, the Gomez' haven set a date yet. He still needs to take a class to get the Melchizedek priesthood.

They are showing conference in my building. I've told a couple people that's it my birthday but I've tried not to tell too many because I don't want to have to eat 5 times on Sunday. But I'm going to tell my investigators and then invite them to my party at the church. Then when they're there I'm going to be like let's watch my favorite movie. You've probably never heard of it because it just came out today!!

Loveeeeee you!!!!!!!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment