Monday, May 19, 2014

Hola!

Yeah, the Gomezs wanted to give me a balloon but we could never quite
find time to meet up. I did get to talk to max on the phone for awhile
though. :) They are handling the birthday thing a lot better than I
thought they would. Christmas was pretty bad.

Honestly when I first got here they weren't teaching anyone. In this
mission we make boards and draw a "baptism escalator" on it. It has
the dates underneath and you put the people on top, they're supposed
to keep moving closer to their baptismal date and the if they're not
progressing you reset it. Well anyways mine in garden grove was full
of people. And this one only had six and they were all at the bottom
of the escalator. I was confused because this is a good area and my
companion is a really good teacher. She said that everyone they had
been teaching all dropped them at the same time about a week before I
came in. Super weird.

At first, I just followed Hulet around because she knows the area, but
this past week I started taking charge more. I developed a finding
system that works well for this area and we went through all the
potential investigators and made a plan for each of them. I feel so
much better now!

Because we aren't teaching anyone steadily we just walk around talking
to everyone. We've met a lot of cool people! And we've gotten a lot
better at reading people when we first meet them!

Gaby wants to be baptized in June. Were also teaching her husband and
son. The whole family has been very sick lately though. They keep
going to the doctor.

Everyone else doesn't really know anything yet. But they will! I'm so
excited to teach all of them.

I really like living in downtown Anaheim. It fits me better. During
lunch one day last week we were walking through a fair and an old
painter genius man asked us to paint some leaves with him. We gladly
obliged.

I'm going to downtown Disney today!

Have a nice week! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment